Who is Regina?
Dr. Regina Lewis leads and has alliances with worldwide organizations and specializes in leadership development and organizational communication. With clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to nonprofit agencies to educational institutions, Dr. Lewis’ proven specialties are leadership, professional excellence, culture inclusion, coaching, poverty comprehensive training, strategic development, and executive public speaking coaching.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Educational Leadership, Research, and Policy, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
- Master of Arts in Communication, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
- Bachelors of Arts in Communication and Psychology, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
- College Achievement Alliance
- Bridges Out of Poverty
- CCL NCO 360
- Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQ-i)
Highlights of academic leadership qualifications
- Executive Feedback Coach for The Center for Creative Leadership
- Department Chair of Communication, Pikes Peak Community College
- Director of The Women’s Forum, Pikes Peak Community College
- Communication Faculty, Pikes Peak Community College
- Student Academic Advisor, Pikes Peak Community College
- Workshop Consultant for TeamUp/Cengage Publishing
- National Speaker, Bridges Out of Poverty and College Achievement Alliance
- Raising a prince on food stamps: Reaching your private and professional goals through resiliency, Blue River Publishing, 2014
- ReVeal: Your action guidebook for culture inclusion, Blue River Publishing, 2013
- Preparing future school leaders: How can it be accomplished online, ProActive Publications, 2009
- Focus on community college success (consulting editor), Wadsworth/Cengage Learning, 2009
- “The emancipation proclamation: Communicate to motivate,” 2006, Black History Bulletin, 69(2), 15–20
Regina’s aha! moment
Being a consultant and having a passion for Ruby Payne’s work is a direct connection to my life’s story. I worked my way through poverty as a single parent and a first-generation student. As a result of knowing and understanding the hidden rules and behaviors of middle class, academic institutions, and the professional world, I am now educating others, and I have successfully raised my son, who currently is a cadet at the United States Air Force Academy.
“I grab my audience’s attention and hold it long after they have left.”
I am at my best when I am speaking. Whether I am doing a keynote, training, coaching, or teaching, I give my all. My goal in presenting is to inspire my audience, providing tools and skill for immediate action, and to spark the genius of students.
Regina’s best training
Although many come to me during breaks and after training sessions sharing their stories, shaking my hand, and giving me wonderful hugs, it is the aftereffect that has the greatest and most rewarding impact on me. I am humbled when I receive emails and phone calls telling me how I have recharged, empowered, and reengaged their purpose.
Messages like this are the most gratifying:
“I was in the training you facilitated today in Santa Ana, and I just wanted to tell you how rewarding your presentation was. You are such an amazing speaker; I felt inspired and motivated to continue pursuit of my career goals. Your presentation was so humbling, as a Christian I believe I was meant to hear your message today.”
What does Regina do for fun?
It seems to me that I live in the culture of competition, constantly challenging myself to new goals and levels (in a healthy way). All of the goals I set for myself demand discipline, passion, and having confidence in myself. My latest venture has been training and competing in my first body-fitness competition. I competed in the Colorado Natural GNC Figure Competition … and by the way, I placed first and second in my class. When I am not competing, I love going to the movies, spending time with family, and of course, shoe shopping.
What are people saying about Regina?
“Dr. Regina Lewis is an exceptional motivational speaker. Her presentation and stories will inspire a diverse audience and will cause positive change.”
“The audience was not disappointed as Regina proved to be an engaging, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and professional speaker. Although she received this assignment at the last minute, she was thoroughly prepared and flexible with our conference schedule. “
“Regina has significantly improved the way USA Swimming looks at inclusion.”
“If you ever have the privilege of working with Regina, you will immediately notice she tempers a deep passion with a special reality and then adds an extremely educated and practical point of view.”
“Many can teach and motivate, but few can give you the tools and plan to make a difference—that’s Dr. Lewis.”
“Dr. Regina Lewis has motivated, inspired, and challenged countless freshmen who see in her a role model, an example of what they can accomplish if they work hard.”
“She is a gifted speaker with a gripping message, and the combination helps the freshmen find their place. Of all the speakers we have invited to class, Dr. Regina Lewis is the one they value the most.”
“Dr. Lewis is an outstanding advocate for those in poverty and is an amazing speaker.”
“Regina brings the muscle to her life and her work. She inspires with her motivational words, mentors public speakers of all abilities, and makes us think about culture in ways never considered. Spend five minutes with her, and you will walk away smarter and happier. I guarantee it.”